Poultry farming is a commercial business that can help a person live a better life. Several practices have proved that the use of commercial battery cage systems is an effective way to increase egg production. In the layer battery cages, the laying hens can play better egg-laying performance, and the breakage rate of eggs is reduce to 0.3%. Poultry farming also yields more objective benefits.
Why Choose Commercial Battery Cages?
- The commercial battery layer cage has the characteristics of high automation and can provide food and water for the chickens in the battery cage every day. Ensure that poultry have access to an adequate source of nutrients. This facilitates a steady increase in egg production.
- Automated cleaning of chicken house. The environment in which the poultry is raised is very important. A clean environment for chickens is beneficial in reducing poultry sickness. Poultry farming equipment automated poultry manure removal systems can help you keep your house hygienic.
- Automated egg collection equipment. This is necessary poultry farming equipment in commercial poultry farms. The eggs slide out from the inside of the chicken cage to the egg-picking belt, and then are transporte to the automatic egg-collecting equipment by the egg-picking belt. In a chicken farm with 20,000 laying hens, all eggs can be collected in half an hour.
- Commercial chicken houses require the installation of climate control systems. If the chicken house is poorly ventilate and the sanitary conditions in the chicken house are not good, the concentration of harmful gases will exceed the standard. As a result, the health of the chickens will be compromise and productivity will be affected. Proper ventilation configuration can remove exhaust air, achieve target temperature and humidity, optimize air quality and static pressure, and save ventilation and temperature control costs.
- Automated egg collection equipment. This is necessary poultry farming equipment in commercial poultry farms. The eggs slide out from the inside of the chicken coop to the egg-picking belt, and then are transported to the automatic egg-collecting equipment by the egg-picking belt. In a chicken farm with 20,000 laying hens, all eggs can be collect in half an hour.
Also, we offer commercial battery chicken cages with factory prices. In commercial egg production, laying hens are manage at high densities. Therefore, the environment in which the hens are rais is often actively managed to promote optimal levels of productivity. The difference between egg laying systems is that cage systems are better for mass laying eggs. Therefore, better control of the environment, water and feed quality, and reduction of manure contamination of drinkers and feeders to protect hens from the external environment in unconventional systems.
How commercial layer battery cages manage laying hens to produce more eggs?
The status and role of commercial layer cages in poultry farms are indispensable. Poultry equipment equipment helps you play a major role in the temperature control of the chicken house, the light control of the chicken house, and the feeding of poultry.
- Temperature control. Laying hens in chicken battery cages are sensitive to temperature changes. Therefore, poultry farming friends try to reduce the temperature change of the chicken house as much as possible. The temperature can be adjust in time according to the reaction of the flock.
- Make sure the house has good lighting conditions. The battery cages are stacked on top of each other, and the lighting will be uneven. Therefore, it is necessary to cooperate with natural light and artificial lighting to ensure uniform light intensity throughout the chicken house and avoid very bright or very dark places. Be careful not to change the light conditions of the chicken house at will.
- Getting more eggs requires giving the hen an adequate source of nutrients, especially during the laying period. Giving hens extra protein in the feed can help increase egg size and number. It is recommended to provide higher levels of protein (18-20%) during the first few months of egg laying.
- Skilled use of poultry farming equipment. With the continuous improvement of scale and automation, poultry farming friends not only need to be familiar with the equipment, but also check frequently.
Profit Margins of Commercial Chicken Farming
The development of any project requires upfront investment, and so does the poultry industry. So let’s start with the cost.
Up-front poultry farming cost input
Build a chicken house: Build a chicken house using commercial battery cage. The length, width and height are 66 meters * 8 meters * 3.5 meters. It will cost about $4000.
Buy chicks: $0.15 for one chick, $1500 for 10,000 chicks
Purchase equipment: 10,000 laying hens need about 63 sets of 4-layer 6-door laying hens that can accommodate 160 birds. The development of commercial poultry farming will be equipp with automated poultry farming equipment. The budget is estimat at $20,000-40,000.
Chicks need about 1.8kg/brids,
10,000 chicks need to eat 18,000kg of feed,
18000kg feed x 0.5 USD equals 9000 USD
Adult chicken 10000 birds need 5.5kg/brids,
10,000 laying hens need to eat 55,000kg of feed,
55000kg feed x 0.5 USD equals 27500 USD
Feed cost for 10,000 laying hens is $36,500
The cost of epidemic prevention and management is about: 1500 US dollars
The initial investment of raising 10,000 laying hens is about 4,000 (building a chicken coop) + 1,500 (cost of buying chickens) + 20,000 (automated poultry breeding equipment) + 27,500 (feed) + 1,500 = $54,500
Profitable income from poultry farming
Egg income from 10,000 laying hens:
A hen can lay about 290 eggs in its lifetime
10,000 laying hens can lay 2,900,000 eggs
2,900,000 × 0.05 (price per egg) = $145,000
10,000 hens living in poultry cages for sale
10000×0.5 (one)=5000 USD
Sale of feces from 10,000 chickens living in battery cages
10000×0.3(kg)×1.2(kg per bird)=3600 USD
So the total income from 10,000 birds living in battery laying cages is 145000+5000+3600-54500=99100USD
Anyway, this is just a sample and prices may vary in different countries.